VMware Cloud Community
eric_silberberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

End user update of tags with some data integrity

What's an easy way for self-service entry or modification of tags while still maintaining some data integrity? Is there a fling or third-party interface with drop-down boxes to display existing categories and tags?

I have tags in place for support queue in servicenow, billing code, department code, chargeback versus show back and a few other things. I have a recent request from our backup administrator to add functionality for his processes. Currently I'm batching in metadata quarterly using PowerShell. We are not yet using VRealize automation because we are exploring automation platforms and would not want to add the cost to our licensing. Eventually we will be using CMDB service now and I could link that information but that is at least a year away. Is there a free basic VRA tier? Would vRO (orchestrator) allow for dropdowns and self service?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Without using something like vRA (with vRO being the engine behind this particular request) there's really not going to be an easy, non-code-from-scratch approach, I'm afraid. Lots of ways to go a out doing it, but they all involve taking on a fair amount of technical debt.

0 Kudos