VMware Cloud Community
vmwarenoob2
Contributor
Contributor

Enable Copy/Paste for HTML Console

Hey guys old topic but a ton of misinformation (I think?) used to answer these ones. I'm aware of the isolation tools setting that works for users of VMRC but looking for how to get the "cut text events" out to the HTML console.

Currently the HTML console SDK docs refer to an event listener for the COPY event (this is alongside connectionstatechange, error, etc.) and describes it as a value that is tossed back from the server (no mention of VM) when a cut text event is detected. I'm on v6.7 vSphere if that helps as well as VMWare Tools v10 on my VMs. I've had this listener built in for a while but have never seen the text come up through that listener. I register it along with the connectionstatechange one and that one reliably always pumps out statuses when the state changes. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I've gotten copy/paste working from the HTML console to VM via using the sendInputString() method already, just looking for the opposite interaction to work.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nitzan_S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @vmwarenoob2 were you able to find a solution to this yet?

0 Kudos
vmwarenoob2
Contributor
Contributor

No, crickets in here instead. I no longer need the answer as I don’t work for that company anymore.

Nitzan_S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for answering me!

0 Kudos
vmwarenoob2
Contributor
Contributor

No worries, take care!

0 Kudos