HI I am unable to delete the snapshot, consolidate the disks or even unable to delete the VM, Please help me to delete the vm properly,
If I delete the vm files from CLI ,will it free up the disks and vCPUs used for this VM?
try this kb
if don't work try:
- Log into the ESX host as root via the console or an SSH session
- Obtain the path to the configuration file for the virtual machine with the command:
# vmware-cmd -l
The output is similar to: /vmfs/volumes/UUID/VMNAME/VMNAME.vmx
- Check to see if the virtual machine has a snapshot with the command: # vmware-cmd /vmfs/volumes/UUID/VMNAME/VMNAME.vmx has snapshot
If the output displays a value of 1 , a snapshot is present. If the output displays a value of 0, there is no snapshot present
- Create a new snapshot on the virtual machine with the command: # vmware-cmd /vmfs/volumes/UUID/VMNAME/VMNAME.vmx createsnapshot namedescriptionquiescememory
For example, to take a snapshot called test without memory or quiescing the file system in the virtual machine: # vmware-cmd /vmfs/volumes/UUID/VMNAME/VMNAME.vmx createsnapshot "test" "" 0 0
- Remove the snapshot with the command: # vmware-cmd /vmfs/volumes/UUID/VMNAME/VMNAME.vmx removesnapshots
Please refer to the KB article, it will help on your issue.