VMware Cloud Community
softmysupport
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi host license missing, unable to do vmotion at vsphere client

Hi,

Recently I'm found out the license is not displaying in the summary when i connecting to the vcenter. When i try to check back the license with "License Features" under the "Configuration", I can found my license key inside it but I cannot assign it to my esxi host. It's prompt out the error message "Access to perform operation is denied". And I also unable to open the vcenter vsphere web client, show out "404 page not found".

Now I'm unable to do the vmotion migration with vsphere desktop client and web client. What can i do to solve this problem? Please advise.

I'm attached some screenshot photo of my problem. The hostinfo.JPG is displaying my previous summary of my esxi host, the vspherelicensemissing.JPG is displaying my current esxi host summary.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Can you post the screenshot of licensing page to check the usage

Launch vsphere client to VC --> home -- > licensing

Also, from the previous screenshots attached, you have exposed your license key to others, so now anyone can use your license key. I strongly recommend you to contact VMware licensing team to resolve your licensing issue, also they will provide you alternate license key after verifying your account replacing the existing one. This support is completely free of cost as you have purchased the license.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
softmysupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank for the advice. I didn't notice the license is exposed to public. Will contact to the VMware for the alternate license. FYI, previously I added the license inside the vCenter with the web-based vsphere client. But now I can't open up the vCenter with web client, I think something wrong with the vCenter VM inside host.

0 Kudos