VMware Cloud Community
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi and vCenter Compatibility

Hello,

I have an ESXi 7.0 U2 with build number 17630552.

In a few days I will be deploying a vcenter 7.0. Checking the compatibility matrix I found that ESXi is compatible with vcenter 7.0 version U3 and U2.

Being compatible with the U3 and U2 version, does it also apply to the U2a, U2b, U2c, U3a version?

virtualhelp_0-1647886642804.png

What you do notice in the compatibility matrix is that ESXi 7.0 U2 is not compatible with vcenter 7.0 U3c.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ObjectifDubai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

For my personal culture, could you tell me where you found this information, because a vCenter 7.0 seems to be able to manage ESXIs in version 6.5.
Have you read this document   vCenter Server Upgrade Compatibility 

0 Kudos
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

virtualhelp_0-1647891174682.png

0 Kudos
ObjectifDubai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Thank you for your screenshot, because I had this compatibility matrix but it did not send me any information 😊

It seems strange, but I rather have the impression that this matrix is not up to date

Because when I ask him for the ESXIs compatible with the vCenter 7.0 U3 he tells me all the versions of ESXI up to 6.5

ObjectifDubai_0-1647891836820.png

On the other hand, when I ask him for ESXIs compatible with vCenter 7.0 U3c, he returns no "Data"...

This vCenter would not be compatible with any ESXI 😁

ObjectifDubai_1-1647891891269.png

0 Kudos
virtualhelp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

then it means that the esxi if it is compatible with the versions of vcenter U2a, U2b, U3a and could deploy any of these versions of vcenter

Except vcenter version 7.0 U3c

0 Kudos
ObjectifDubai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

If there is no ESXI compatible with this version of vCenter, it is certainly due to a problem with updating the Interoperability platform.

A version of vCenter should be at least compatible with several versions of ESXIs. But on this point,  I prefer to let experts on the subject answer.

0 Kudos