VMware Cloud Community
afmiller
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi / Mulitple VMs Dedicated Monitor

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct forum or even possible to do. I have an ESXi server running multiple VMs. Is there a way I can have several video cards in the server and tie a VM to a separate VGA video card (not the main vga which is displaying the main ESXi info). So I can send that video to a KVM in a different part of the house to a dedicated monitor. I am looking for one where I can have up all the time for Security Camera Feeds, or network monitoring. I know I can use vsphere and console in to each one or RDP into the windows machine, but I would like to use a KVM so I can have a dedicated monitor where I can cycle through the machines there quickly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's way overkill in my opinion. You can display the VM console of every VM on a separate monitor in full screen if you like. You'll need compute and a network connection to the ESXi host, however. Otherwise, I'm sure you can find an app that aggregates those feeds so you can select which one you want.

0 Kudos
hannahxxamr
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
afmiller
Contributor
Contributor

Am I understanding correctly, you are saying just have another computer running vsphere and have the consoles open in full screen there as I want? I am trying to avoid having multiple computers upstairs, as well less power requirements. I would like to have my main PC that I use and I can put to sleep as I want, and just a second monitor where I can see one the Camera system VM or multiple VMs via a KVM if I can have the VMs output the VGA video to different cards on the main ESXi server. If I am not understanding correctly, what  is the best way?

Is the correct term gpu pass through is the feature I am looking for?

0 Kudos