VMware Cloud Community
kjolang
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 7.0.2 Failing when FC is connected

Hi Guys,

I have an interesting issue with one of my ESXi 7 Hosts on a HP DL380 G9 Server. After a Preventive Maintenance Session, all of a sudden my server stopped responding. First it lost connectivity to the vCenter Server, we removed it and tried to add it back but it was non responsive. It couldn't be accessed via web UI either. All services were ok, but I noticed an issue whenever i entered the esxcli command, this would return a "connection failed" response.

After going through the logs I noted an issue with the server connecting to the presented Luns. On further research I saw a post with someone suggesting try a reboot with the FC cables disconnected. I did this everything was ok. Assuming this was an ESXi issue we downgraded to ESxi 6.7 then 7.0 then back to 7.0.2 but still no success with sorting the issue. Has anyone experienced this or can anyone help me brain storm the issue. 

Labels (1)
  • sm

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Is this happening only to one host? Anything in the logs regarding possible network issues?

0 Kudos
kjolang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes just the one host.

BR

0 Kudos
kjolang
Contributor
Contributor

As per the logs I am not able to tell what the issue is. They just show that the host is trying to access certain datastores.

BR

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Is the connection to vCenter stable? Did you check if you have any errors on the switch side regarding this host?

Also, on the FC switch did you checked the logs?

0 Kudos