VMware Cloud Community
abdelhak113
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.7 Multiple Monitors for VMs

Hello everyone,

I do a lot of search, but i dont find how to use a multiple monitors for VM in ESXi 6.7

I get the message "ESXi does not support the multiple monitors feature in shared or remote virtual machines" or sometimes " The virtual machin's Display setting must be 'Use host settings' or specify more than one monitor if a suffciently-high maximum resolution".

Does anyone find a solution for that ?

Here is my configuration:

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Per my understanding, Multi-Monitor support is currently only possible with locally running VMs (For e.g, in a locally installed VMware Workstation or VMware Player). For remote VMs, this will not work.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
abdelhak113
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty sure that is possible to use more than one monitor. if not we can't choose more than one monitors !!

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

With the current version, it is possible only for those VMs that are installed locally (i.e. using VMware Workstation or VMware Player). If you are trying the option for remote VMs (For e.g. a conventional vSphere environment), it is not available. For the remote VMs, it maybe incorporated in the future releases.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
rdinca
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to find a solution for this one? I have the same situation. I use a virtual device with Windows 2016 Server and I connect on it via TeamViewer. I have two monitors on my desktop and I want to work remote on two monitors. I use eSXI 6.7 free edition.

0 Kudos
dbird1980
Contributor
Contributor

This is not true.  It is up to the client the user is connecting to the guest with.  Using VMWare Workstation, possibly VMRC as well, you are correct.  If you set the number of monitors and VRAM appropriately you can use RDP in Windows, there may be an option for VNC etc in Linux, to use all monitors for this connection.

0 Kudos