VMware Cloud Community
Frizziero77
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.7 - Error importing VMs previously exported by a differen ESXi 6.5 server

Hi guys,

Recently we have reinstalled one of our servers, and we catched the opportunity to pass to ESXi 6.7 release, while the oder machine is still working with ESXi 6.5. Both with free licence.

Now, i'm exporting to OVF some of the VMs i have in ESXi6.5 in order re-import them to ESXi 6.7 and continue to work there.

It's happening that ESXi 6.7 cannot import some of them: virtual disk import task is reported as cancelled by user and it´s pretty impossible to import those ovfs due to this.

I saw some discussion about this specific issue but in that case is was stated that this error could depend from a problem with the ova deployed by some vendors.

But in this case i'm just exporting in OVF from ESXi 6.5 and trying to import in ESXi6.7.

Why should i see this error?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cristian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Is it the same with another browser?

Does the import show any progress before it fails?

André

0 Kudos
Frizziero77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi André,

Thanks for your answer: in my environment i'm limited to operate from an Ubuntu16.04 host, and using a Firefox browser.... i think a could try with a Chrome, anyway some VMs has been imported with no issues, while some others returned this error.

About the point of failure: actually i can see the progress bar reaching the 100% and just at the end the error appears and the VM is deleted by VM list and datastore too.

0 Kudos