VMware Cloud Community
glen98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.5 for HP web console does not work!!!

I am running HPE-ESXi-6.5.0-Update2 and am trying to install Centos 7 and the mouse does not work. I can tab but sometimes you absolutely need the mouse so now I am stuck and can't install Centos.

Additionally, with linux command line console, ESC does not work and neither does Ctrl-[ to escape editing in VI. I discovered this after install OVA.

I've tried Firefox and Chrome. No luck.

Incredibly frustrating and basically stopped completely and can't move forward. Wow!

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

G

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your best option is to not use such an old OS for guest console interaction. It may not be the answer you hoped for, but at a decade old I don't see VMware providing a fix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Did you try VMRC? Download VMware vSphere

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
glen98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMRC won't install on Windows 2008 server. Says installer package is out of date and every version of installer package update which Microsoft says I should download won't install because it doesn't apply to my system.

0 Kudos
glen98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maybe you could ask the software guys to fix it.

thx

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Who are the "software guys"?

0 Kudos
EricChigoz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@glen98,

Kindly describe more your environment.

1. Do you have a vCenter  Setup?
  2. What version of VMRC did you install ? Can you share logs of error message?
Find this helpful? Please award points. Thank you !
0 Kudos
glen98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry, I looked at requirements and Windows Server 2008 standard is not supported. Only 2008 R2 and up is supported. 

Apologies for my snarkiness. I am trying to quit smoking and an endless stream of computer frustrations yesterday made me grumpy. I was able to get through the installation using keyboard only. It just took a little longer but it would be nice if VMW fixed the console.

To answer you questions, I am not using VCenter at the moment and only have HP ESXi running in demo mode. I do plan to add license shortly.

I was trying to install VMRC 10.0.3. Is there an earlier version I can try?

Thanks

G

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your best option is to not use such an old OS for guest console interaction. It may not be the answer you hoped for, but at a decade old I don't see VMware providing a fix.

0 Kudos
glen98
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm going to attempt upgrade to 2008 R2 though web SSH console issue is likely unrelated to OS and I've seen others comment on that problem.

It may allow VMRC to work as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos