VMware Cloud Community
informemedico
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.5 and Kingston a400 SSD

Hi, I installed ESXi 6.5 on a HPE Proliant ML30 Gen 9 with two SATA drives and one Kingston a400 SSD. The SATA drives where found correctly by the ESXi, but the SSD drive doesn't seems to be found.

Is the A400 compatible with ESXi?.

Regards,

Leonardo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

To start of with, are you able to see the SSD drive in the RAID configuration utility of B140i? If yes, create a logical volume on it and then check if the ESXi is able to detect it.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

What is the controller being used for the SSD drive? Can you share the screenshot of storage adapters tab from the host client?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
informemedico
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, here it is:

pastedImage_0.png

As you can see, the Kingston SSD isn't shown. BTW, I don't know what is the controller used by the SSD, should I enable it in the BIOS?.

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You have to configure the B140i for using the A400. Setup a RAID0 or RAIDx when you have more than one A400 on the controller for the ssd and than the presented LUN comes available for the OS(ESXi).

Take a look to https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04441385

Regards,

Joerg

SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

To start of with, are you able to see the SSD drive in the RAID configuration utility of B140i? If yes, create a logical volume on it and then check if the ESXi is able to detect it.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
informemedico
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks , I forgot to create a RAID0 withe the SSD.

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

My Name is Joerg Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Since your name is Joerg Smiley HappySmiley Happy