VMware Cloud Community
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.5 U1 on HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9 fails: There was a problem with the Network Device specified on the command line. Error: No NIC found with MAC address:

Hello.

I'm using VMware-ESXi-6.5.0-Update1-7388607-HPE-650.U1.10.2.0.23-Feb2018.iso but end up at a black screen with white text.

exception.HandledError: Error (see log for more info):

There was a problem with the Network Device specified on the command line. Error: No NIC found with MAC address "0a:1a:4c:a0:00:54"..

I have read this one ESXi 6.5 upgrade There was a problem with the Network Device specified on the command line. Error: N...

but how do I proceed from here?

Best Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
20 Replies
UCL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My fault!

HPE Support document - HPE Support Center shows that

"

• The HPE QLogic NX2 10/20 GbE Multifunction Driver for VMware vSphere 6.5 version 2018.02.12 contains an offline bundle and within the offline bundle are multiple VIBs. Do not just install the individual qfle3 VIB; but install the component pack or the offline bundle. Installing either the component pack or the offline bundle will install all the VIBs. The offline bundle contains the following VIBS:
    • qfle3 Version 1.0.60.0
    • qcnic Version 1.0.10.0
    • qfle3i Version 1.0.13.0
    • qfle3f Version 1.0.45.0

"

So since we use both Network connect and Fiber Channel all four drivers must be installed.

Sigh.

/Peter

0 Kudos