VMware Cloud Community
tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 6.5 U1 expired

Hi Guys,

Our standalone host 6.5 U1 (Build 7967591) has expired.  I haven't seen any features lost yet.  I was able to power on/off the VMs, etc.  How do I get a key from support without confusing them with the other keys we used for our production (VCenter/ESXi) and is the key free of charge?

Thanks in advance.

TT

4 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

A time limited LIC can expired

The 60day Eval period can expired

In 10 years as a partner i never saw that any other type of Lic timed out. Yes, your SnS Contract can end but that doesnt effect your existing LIC key.

Was it a "free" vSphere ESXI Hypervisor and you have forget to enter your key so your Eval/Trial runs out after 60 days? If so get a free Key and enter it again.

You mention production environment.... does this Host was a member of a vCenter? If so you need a $$$ payed LIC because the Free one doesnt contains the VPXA Agent.

Regards

Joerg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

From what I understand you are looking for a free Hypervisor license!?

You can register for one at Download VMware vSphere Hypervisor for Free. Once registered, the license key will be shown in the license tab. Licenses are for major version (i.e. version 6.x), so don't worry about the version (v6.7) that's displayed on the registration page.

André

tractng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I am looking for a key.  This was a standalone host and was never part of a vCenter.

TT

0 Kudos
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

As a.p.​ posted. Follow the link and you can get a free ESXi standalone license Smiley Happy

Kind regards.

0 Kudos