VMware Cloud Community
mohasamo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI installation problem

hello,

i have a hp proliant DL385R05 server and i install on it ESXI 6.5,my problem is that in the end of installation i have the message "ESXI 6.5.0 has been successfully installed" and he ask me to reboot,when i reboot the server the following message appears "non-systeme disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready".

NB: a previous ESXI was installed on it, so i haven't change any thing in the bios, i used RAID5,RAID0 and RAID 01 ,also tried to install ESXI 5.5,5.0 and 4.1 but same problem.

thanks for your help.

1..png2.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MBreidenbach0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'd check boot order in BIOS and bootable logical drive in HPSA setup. Does this system have a full HPSA setup utillity in ROM ? If not then for older systems there's a bootable CD with HP array configuration utility (ACU) with more options.

I believe ESXi 6.5 is unsupported on that system but it should at least try to boot (but there may be other problems; for example the HPE 6.5 image PSODs on DL380G7 hosts)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MBreidenbach0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'd check boot order in BIOS and bootable logical drive in HPSA setup. Does this system have a full HPSA setup utillity in ROM ? If not then for older systems there's a bootable CD with HP array configuration utility (ACU) with more options.

I believe ESXi 6.5 is unsupported on that system but it should at least try to boot (but there may be other problems; for example the HPE 6.5 image PSODs on DL380G7 hosts)

bingo17
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It looks like the server is setup to boot from the cd rom and/or NIC and not the primary volume.

Check that the array volume is selected in the bios.

Support me by visiting my IT blog

My IT Blog : https://serverguru.com.au/blog/
mohasamo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I checked the boot order i found "boot from shared storage " and change it to local storage and it works

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos