VMware Cloud Community
iamthezio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI 6.7 and Windows 2019 Standard OEM License and Activation issue.

How do you Activate a new MS Windows 2019 Standard server license as a VM on ESXi 6.7?

The software was/is an OEM (tied to hardware?) version of MS Server. It does install, but won't activate.

I have read you can bind the hardware to the Virtual Host metal and all is well.

Does anyone know if this is true (an example would help) or not true?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What may be wort a try is to activate by phone by running slui 4 from the command lin.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tayfundeger
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't understand the question. Some Windows ISOs you have downloaded are embedded in the key. So you don't need to activate extra. The virtual machine running on ESXi does not have a specific activation. If you are using datacenter you need to use AVMA activation.

Did I answer the question exactly, or are you having a different problem?

Thanks.

--
Blog: https://www.tayfundeger.com
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/tayfundeger

vBlogger, vExpert, Cisco Champions

Please, if this solution helped your problem, "Helpful" if it solves your problem "Correct Answer" to mark.
iamthezio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So sorry for the delay. This reply did not show up in my dashboard until i googled.

Anyway. I purchased a Window Server Standard 2019 EN 1PK DSP DVD 16Core

I placed the DVD in the Virtual Host and created an ESXI 6.7 Windows 2019 Standard virtual machine.

The install went well, as did the acceptance of the 25 digit Microsoft key.

But, when I attempt to Activate, it says no, Try the Troubleshooter.

After trying the Troubleshooter, it seems to invalidate the 25 digit Microsoft Key.

Very confused.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What may be wort a try is to activate by phone by running slui 4 from the command lin.

André

0 Kudos
iamthezio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK, thanks.

Something is wrong with this License key. I did scratch off the number coating in the product, but it will not register.

Calling MS, i wonder if i will get a human?

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos