VMware Cloud Community
Dunland
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 6.5 HTTPs/TLs settings need changing - cant view Web UI

Hi All,

Got a stand-alone esxi 6.5 host (no Vcenter) with a couple of live VM's on them. As of the last few weeks i haven't been able to access the Web UI at the example address of (https://192.168.1.2/ui/#/login ). The error message in IE is as shown in the following snippet:

esxi 6.5 error tls.PNG

I have followed a few guides including:

To disable TLS1.1 - ESXI TLS configuration - Super User

Anyone got any ideas? I feel like this is due to bowsers increasing their security and only allowing certain protocols, but using the guide mentioned, my settings are here:

esxi 6.5 tls settings.PNG

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Dunland
Contributor
Contributor

Update, and Bump:

I tried rebuilding the ESXI Host, which didnt work - but i DID get it update to v6.7 through the shell. After much back and forth with my CA, i got a working Certificate and WINSCP's this onto the box. Chrome still doesn't like it - see below - Cert is valid, trusted and all seems to be good. This is the same if i use a Self signed on the esxi, or a cert from my CA .

This is, again, after resetting the System Configuration from the console.

esxi 6.7 tls unsupported.PNG

0 Kudos
Dunland
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP

From the lack of response here, i either havent been clear, or this is an impossible issue. I will start making arrangement to move my VM's to a non-vmware product Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Dunland
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP

Haven't learned anything new from this forum, and I am a home lab user, so i am unwilling to pay for a support ticket (300EUR).

I removed the drive with ESXI on it, and installed a blank drive, and installed 6.7 again. It has the same issues as before. I am getting very confused, i do not have a working lab, and i would appreciate any ideas anyone can give me on Cipher mismatches

0 Kudos