VMware Cloud Community
barbz128
Contributor
Contributor

ESX Host cookie shows incorrect IP address - breaks console

Hi all,

Key Info - standalone 6.5u2 host - 192.168.1.30 RYZESX.local

I've been having this issue for a while with the one host and I've been able to isolate it to using a browser not in incognito (accepting cookies).

When opening the UIto the standalone host ( there is no vcenter) with a browser in incognito the top right login shows root@ryzesx.local which is correct.

Local DNS has ryzesx.local configured for 192.168.1.30 - reverse lookups with dig confirm this is the case.

If I open the host UIin a regular browser session the top right menu will show root@192.168.1.15 - and the only thing known to break is console access - it times out.

I was having a look in the chrome events when opening the ESX UIand see the odd bit of traffic for .15 and when checking the cookies one shows for .15.

unknown.png

unknown2.pngunknown3.png

I have verified the host file, dns, etc is correct and replaced the self signed cert but unsure where too from there.

192.168.1.15 is another device on my network which was an esx server 18 months ago but the ip has been claimed for something else (which has its own dns record).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies