VMware Cloud Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

ELM post vCenter

Hi,

I have two vCenters 6.5 servers Both vCenters have the Same Site Domain Name. One Server has it's own Ebedded  PSC  the Seconed has external PSC.

My plan is to have enhanced linked mode (ELM) between those 2 vCenters. Would it be possible ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If these are two already-established and running vCenters, you won't be able to link them unless you essentially start over with one. Even though they are the same SSO domain name, they function separately. Normally, you would create a replication agreement between the PSCs to have ELM, but that is done at installation time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's not a supported topology in 6.5. You must repoint the embedded vCenter with PSC to an external PSC.

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks a your help .

Yes That what I did I repointed the embedded vCenter with PSC to an external PSC, Now I have 2 PSCs the old one the New external one. What is the next step to have ELM ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If these are two already-established and running vCenters, you won't be able to link them unless you essentially start over with one. Even though they are the same SSO domain name, they function separately. Normally, you would create a replication agreement between the PSCs to have ELM, but that is done at installation time.

0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos