VMware Cloud Community
vcptobe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Documenting 6.5 installation for vSphere

Hi, the person who setup 6.5 has departed

Any key things I need to do to document the vSphere 6.5 installation going backwards?

There is only one vCenter VCSA and 10 hosts

Am I right in saying that ESXI would be installed first then the vCenter then the PSC

Is there a way to see which PSC version is being used

I was checking vCenter Advanced settings but is there is a quick way to see if PSC is embedded or external?

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-65-installation-setup-guid...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So there are a lot of different pieces here. It depends what type of diagram/documentation you need, but a simple topology is a good place to start that also has hostnames and IP addresses. As far as the order of operations, it would be ESXi, then PSC (if external), then vCenter. If you hit the FQDN of vCenter in a browser and you see a redirection upon login in your address bar, that's a way to know that the PSC is external.

0 Kudos
MBreidenbach0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In vSphere Web Client select Administration - Deployment - System Configuration and there select 'Nodes'

Click on each node; it will show what type it is (in my case there's one node of type  'vCenter Server with embedded PSC')

0 Kudos