VMware Cloud Community
Ravinred
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have any ideas on how we could do a P2V conversion where the physical machines are UEFI enable

Hello everyone,

We won’t be able to convert the Win 10 physical systems because Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) is enable. When converting powered on physical machines, UEFI variables are not copied to the new VM. Without UEFI variables the converted VM will not boot

pastedImage_0.png

Issue description:

we are planning to convert b/w 100 to 200 physical machines (windows 10 v1703 with UEFI enabled) from my understanding there is a limitation to conversing physical machines with UEFI,conversion of machines with UEFI enable can only be done through disk-copy while the machine is powered off and this is not possible with physical machines.is there another way to convert physical machines that have UEFI enebled ?

Thanks

ravi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Which is the need of P2V Win10 terminals?

I mean, this is normally replaced by a VDI product where all terminals are almost the same with different small configurations.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos