VMware Cloud Community
alraczek
Contributor
Contributor

Display VM's assigned to GPUs vCenter 6.7

Hi-

I'm real frustrated with vCenter 6.7 bc things don't seem to be where I would expect them to be. I want to see what VM

is using what GPU in a Cisco vSan. If I go to the Host's Configure\hardware\graphics I see no VM's associated with a GPU but I know for sure

there are VM's using GPU's. I even just cloned a VM and still don't see the GPU's in the window pane "VM's associated with the graphics device...."

Why?

BTW vSphere is still at v6.5U3

...Alan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware is behind the game when it comes to GPU support. I'm hoping for better support in 7.x. I have some VxRail clusters with Nvidia vGPU enabled using Tesla M10 cards. Due to a variety of reasons we are not using them at this time. That said we are able to see the cards and VM's (if we were using them) in vCenter 6.7U3b which is a relatively new release of vCenter. We also have our hosts upgraded to the same level.

Have you looked at the host level in vCenter?

Host > Configure > Graphics > Graphic Devices?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
alraczek
Contributor
Contributor

vmrulz-

That's exactly where I am looking, and I do not see any VM's shown as using a GPU when I know in fact we have GPU's assigned to VM's.

...ar

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

can you see it through powercli ?

get-vm | where-object {$_.ExtensionData.Config.Hardware.Device.Backing.vgpu -like "grid_*"}

0 Kudos