VMware Cloud Community
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Disk size added to Datastore disapreared after one day of being there.

Hello Community Friends,

I have ran into a strange issue. I increased the capacity of a datatore from 1.1TB to 1.95 TB. I re scanned the datastore and increased capacity and the allocated space was showing. I came into to find the datastore capacity back down to 1.1 TB capacity to 183GB free space. At first I thought it was the snapshot but the disk usage on the current snapshot is 167.03MB. We use Druva for backups.

vCenter Druva.png

NAUSDB11.png

Phillip Balderos VCP6-DCV
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I've seen similar issues with some vCenter 6.x versions, where it seemed that the rescan didn't really run on all hosts, and therefore vCenter got different results from the hosts.

What solved the issue for me was to run vmkfstools -V (not the upper case -V) from the command line on each host to refresh of the VMFS volumes.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Check if your hosts are all at the same version, I've seen this when only a few hosts have been updated.

0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi sjesse

Thanks for responding. All 3 hosts are at the same version and patch level.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I've seen similar issues with some vCenter 6.x versions, where it seemed that the rescan didn't really run on all hosts, and therefore vCenter got different results from the hosts.

What solved the issue for me was to run vmkfstools -V (not the upper case -V) from the command line on each host to refresh of the VMFS volumes.

André

0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a.p.

I will try that right now and update this thread with the results

0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well I feel like a noob! For kicks and giggles I re scanned the datastore and all of my space returned. I guess that's a further sign that I need to push to upgrade from 6.5 to 6.7 asap. Thank you guys for all of your input.

0 Kudos