VMware Cloud Community
bertrand749
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deployment of an OVF model

Hello, I am trying to deploy from my Vsphere Client environment an OVF GLPI model. I got an .ova from this site:

https://systemsector.com/glpi-virtual-machine/

Then I converted it to OVF.
All the steps of configuration of the model are done without any problem. But I have this message at the end.

Screenshot_12.png

Imported files for my model :

bertrand749_0-1644995420658.png

Version of my Vsphere client :

bertrand749_1-1644995538132.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NamanSingh98
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello @bertrand749 ,

Welcome to Skyline Community!

This seems to be an issue with the deployment of an OVA file on the vCenter. I am sharing with you the link to the communities channel for the vCenter-related issues. You can raise your query there and they will be able to assist you on the same. 

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vCenter/ct-p/2500-home

Sincerely,

Naman Singh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NamanSingh98
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello @bertrand749 ,

Welcome to Skyline Community!

This seems to be an issue with the deployment of an OVA file on the vCenter. I am sharing with you the link to the communities channel for the vCenter-related issues. You can raise your query there and they will be able to assist you on the same. 

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/vCenter/ct-p/2500-home

Sincerely,

Naman Singh

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@NamanSingh98 

If you select the "Report Inappropriate Content" option from the ... menu to the right of a comment a notification is sent to the forum moderators, you can leave them a note that the thread should be moved and they will take action.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 09.22.34.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
KevinDavis31
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok so i've gotten this far:

./ovftool --acceptAllEulas -dm=thin -ds="datastore1" "--net:VLAN 100=Linx Lab" "/vmfs/volumes/datastore1/OVAstore/TPO Virtual Appliance 3.1.ovf" "vi://xxx:xxx@xxx.xx.xxx.xx/folder?dcPath=ha%2ddatacenter&dsName=datastore1"

And the error it's throwing is:

Error: Internal error: Failed to connect to server

I've made sure my password's special characters have been percent encoded so it can be read properly, I find it weird it's having trouble connecting to itself?.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@NamanSingh98 

OK then, I'll report the thread to moderators... 🙄

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos