VMware Cloud Community
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Deploy New VCenter sever Applicance

Dear Expert,

SSO log in failure.(give error code 503)

Root log in  is fine.

Support give guide t re-deploy a new VCenter server. he said the appliance was crashed.

problem is it is not available on local site to access system. I have to remote the system by Teamviewer. (the internet for that site is very poor due to the system is built on vessel with very small

satellite system)

There are total 6 Vms in the inventory and in running.

I am afraid of the re-deploy will affect the running VMs. and locally access to be needed.

I deployed  VCenter server appliance about two years ago.  And the procedure  is so clear to me.

please give advice the deploy guide. (better for some practical experience)

tks n brgds

Liu Wei

21 Replies
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Tks!

0 Kudos
ToniCapablo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This same problema (vCSA crashed) occurs on my installation.

I need to redeploy it, but I must verify first of all that all running VMs (Active Directory, CRM, other main servers...) will not be affected.

Before crashing it, vCSA was working with three ESXi, with three datastores: vSAN, FreeNAs and QNAP. Running VMs are in vSAN datastore.

So, my question is: when I will redeploy vCSA, what are the steps to the new vCSA takes the control to the three ESXi? Please verify I am wrong or not:

1. Deattach ESXi from actual vCSA (vCSA is powered OFF but checking ESXi, remains with connectivity to OLD crashed vCSA)

2. Install new vCSA

- Install OVA from vCSA. That is easy, no problema in this part.

- My main questions are in this step: in a new installation, vCSA takes control of ESXi where it is installed and claims disk to datastore.

- Keeping mind that I have running VMS that I can not power OFF (if affects production), how can I do this part of vCSA installation for the new repdeployment?

3. Give all configuration from ESXi (datastores, running VMs and networking) to vCSA. It takes vCSA config from ESXi? I must reconfigure anything?

Thank you for you aclarations. Regards!

0 Kudos