VMware Cloud Community
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Deploy New VCenter sever Applicance

Dear Expert,

SSO log in failure.(give error code 503)

Root log in  is fine.

Support give guide t re-deploy a new VCenter server. he said the appliance was crashed.

problem is it is not available on local site to access system. I have to remote the system by Teamviewer. (the internet for that site is very poor due to the system is built on vessel with very small

satellite system)

There are total 6 Vms in the inventory and in running.

I am afraid of the re-deploy will affect the running VMs. and locally access to be needed.

I deployed  VCenter server appliance about two years ago.  And the procedure  is so clear to me.

please give advice the deploy guide. (better for some practical experience)

tks n brgds

Liu Wei

5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

First of all you should know about that Re-Deploying VCSA do not affect to the other VMs, So you can do it without any problem.

But please tell me what's the version of your vCenter? can you open https://vcsa_IP_addr:5480 to manage your appliance or this page also gives you similar error as you mentioned?

for last question did you install it in embedded mode or external? what's the situation of Platform Service Controller services?

Do you have SSH access to your vCenter Server ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

So I think if you replace your file as I said before and nothing has been changed, you need to redeploy VCSA, just remember if you install a new one, first-boot of your new vCenter must be done without any error especially about SSO

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem

lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sure!

The current VC is managing two hosts and three data storage.(one is HPE Virtual storage).

please advise if the below is correct:

01. I should drop off hosts and storages from VC first

02. re-deploy and add hosts and storage into new VC.

How can I drop off the hosts/storage,etc from the VC?

Remove the VC from current inventory and delete it, which can be clean up the VC?

brgds

Liu Wei

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

First you should remove your hosts from virtual datacenter of current vCenter.

Then if your datastore is a added LUN from a SAN infrastructure and your hosts are located in their, you don't need to remove them, just for safety of your procedure:

1. If there is no power-on VM, you can unmount the datastore from list of hosts and then remove hosts and datastore next

2. But if you cannot power-off them no need to do, just leave the hosts and VM working standalone. just remove them from datacenter is enough

Then deploy the new VCSA and after successful installation, step by step add your resources (Hosts and their Storages) to the new VI. just remember if you keep the LUN connected to hosts, they will coming back with adding host to the new vCenter Smiley Happy

I hope I could give a good advise

0 Kudos
larsonreever
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Re-Deploying VCSA do not affect to the other VMs, So you can do it without any problem

Thanks WP Sec Head@ WP Hacked Help https://secure.wphackedhelp.com/blog/

21 Replies
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

First of all you should know about that Re-Deploying VCSA do not affect to the other VMs, So you can do it without any problem.

But please tell me what's the version of your vCenter? can you open https://vcsa_IP_addr:5480 to manage your appliance or this page also gives you similar error as you mentioned?

for last question did you install it in embedded mode or external? what's the situation of Platform Service Controller services?

Do you have SSH access to your vCenter Server ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
VysakhNair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

lwsamcn01

Have you tried to reset the password, please check below VMware KBs

https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2034608

https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2146224

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your question have been answered correctly. Vysakh Nair Blog - https://www.vxpert.in
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

When you say you have installed it 2 years ago..... most likley the /storage/log or db partition runs out of space.  Can you login into VCSA konsole or ssh and run "df -h" and show us the output?

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

version is 6.0.0.10200 see attached photo below.

embedded. I am clear it basic service for  manage virtual storage/virtual switch and VMs. only.

SSH access is ok. Support remote for help by putty.

vc status good.JPG

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That was done.

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried as your post to reset SSO password before I submitted the case to Support.  when got the new password, log in still failure as problem as before.

0 Kudos
YahyaZahedi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey,

Have you ever tried to reboot it and check SSO again? If you access to ssh, please put the output of this command "service-control --status --all" here to see the status of services.  Can you put the complete text of error here? a screenshot would be better!

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

OK so if you install it in embedded mode, now execute this command in VCSA CLI to check status of SSO:

sso-config.sh -get_identity_sources

Then provide a backup for below file with winSCP connection or CP command or etc:

/opt/vmware/lib64/vmware-identity-sso-config.jar

download following file and replace it with that mentioned file:

https://kb.vmware.com/sfc/servlet.shepherd/version/download/068f4000009EfXrAAK

Restart all of your VCSA Services by running:

service-control --all --stop | --start

Then try to connect to your service and give me your result please.

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. I will do and let you know result.

brgds

Liu Wei

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sir,

backup failure: see attached photo.

I will continue to replace the file?

brgds

Liu

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sorry, I mistake. ignore I post ten minutes ago

tks

Liu

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Get Status of SSO failure. It sounds SSO going wrong.

brgds

Liu

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

So try to replace with original file from VMware .... no picture has been attached, i couldn't see anything. Using cp command is very easy do it like this: 

# cp /opt/vmware/lib64/vmware-identity-sso-config.jar/opt/vmware/lib64/vmware-identity-sso-config.bak

0 Kudos
lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Good Day, NathanosBlightcaller,

please see the screenshot.

VC_Root_Login.JPG

SSO-GetStatus_Failure.JPG

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Based on your last screenshot, your vcsa name is localhost, which will make vCenter not working. YOu need DNS registration for the vCenter. That being said, you will have to redeploy it.

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

So I think if you replace your file as I said before and nothing has been changed, you need to redeploy VCSA, just remember if you install a new one, first-boot of your new vCenter must be done without any error especially about SSO

lwsamcn01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sure!

The current VC is managing two hosts and three data storage.(one is HPE Virtual storage).

please advise if the below is correct:

01. I should drop off hosts and storages from VC first

02. re-deploy and add hosts and storage into new VC.

How can I drop off the hosts/storage,etc from the VC?

Remove the VC from current inventory and delete it, which can be clean up the VC?

brgds

Liu Wei

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

First you should remove your hosts from virtual datacenter of current vCenter.

Then if your datastore is a added LUN from a SAN infrastructure and your hosts are located in their, you don't need to remove them, just for safety of your procedure:

1. If there is no power-on VM, you can unmount the datastore from list of hosts and then remove hosts and datastore next

2. But if you cannot power-off them no need to do, just leave the hosts and VM working standalone. just remove them from datacenter is enough

Then deploy the new VCSA and after successful installation, step by step add your resources (Hosts and their Storages) to the new VI. just remember if you keep the LUN connected to hosts, they will coming back with adding host to the new vCenter Smiley Happy

I hope I could give a good advise

0 Kudos
larsonreever
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Re-Deploying VCSA do not affect to the other VMs, So you can do it without any problem

Thanks WP Sec Head@ WP Hacked Help https://secure.wphackedhelp.com/blog/