VMware Cloud Community
ramaiahc12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dell Poweredge R740 will support VMware ESXi6.7 U2?

Hi,

I recently procured DELL Poweredge R740 server. Will it support ESXi 6.7 latest patch(u2/u2a)?

Please let me know whether it will support or not.

Regards,

Ramaiah C

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Compatibility Guide - System Search

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Go here, and file out the form, just a generic model isn't enough, there are bios versions and cpu modles you need to match. In general I think it looks ok from what I see.

schander007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

check vmware compatibility matrix  with model and CPU details .. i think in general DELL Poweredge R740 server support 6.7 U2

IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I deployed Dell R740 last weekend on customer site with 6.7u2 and for sure they are supportet and most importent they run very well.

We are a Dell Shop and Partner and the Dell 14. Gen comes around 2 years ago. The modells with Intel Cascade Lake comes in April or so.

We mostly order them with a pre installed ESXi image located on the Dual SD Card but can download the dell custom esxi iso also from dell.com/support  and than insert your STAG or just select the right poweredge server type.

Regards,

Joerg

Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

is supported

pastedImage_0.png

Alessandro Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/