VMware Cloud Community
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Datastore size show 0 byte

Hi,

I need help with this issue.

In my datacenter I have 2 licensed Esxi 7.0 host (no vcenter) and few productions servers on it. I have Synology SAN which is presenting iSCSI LUNs to both esxi hosts and all VMs are on that host. one of the LUN 7tb in size I was expanding by another 500gb.

The procedure I followed is I disabled Mapping for this LUN from SAN and then expanded it successfully. But now the datastore started to show 0Byte available/free/in use. I tried expand but no go. Scanned/refreshed datastore/Target in esxi host but still no good luck. Trying to unmount datastore but unmount option is not available in the menu.

Another thing I noticed that LUN in question shows fine on second ESXi host and partition shows fine on virtual machine and files/folders accessible fine.

Thanks

Cheers!
Rajeev
Labels (1)
  • Hi

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
On the ESXi host that has problems with Storage, perform a scan of HBA and Storage (several times) check on the tasks running and it completes. You should not have VMs running on this ESXi host.
You could also reboot this ESXi host (must not have VMs running)

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

@Gotzu wrote:

Thanks for your response. Yes I did run scan several times on this host with no result.

I do have production VMs running on it. So per your suggestion:

1. Shall I turn off running VMs before running scan/reboot?

2. Shall move these VMs to other host and then rung scan/reboot?

If you can, just move the VMs and reboot the host, that usually does the trick indeed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
On the ESXi host that has problems with Storage, perform a scan of HBA and Storage (several times) check on the tasks running and it completes. You should not have VMs running on this ESXi host.
You could also reboot this ESXi host (must not have VMs running)

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. Yes I did run scan several times on this host with no result.

Cheers!
Rajeev
0 Kudos
maksym007
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check also from a Storage perspective if there are no Hardware issues with network cards. Like flapping or something else.

Check Matrix for Driver/Firmware compatibility. Maybe your versions should be updated.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

@Gotzu wrote:

If you can, just move the VMs and reboot the host, that usually does the trick indeed.

Gotzu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for suggestion.

I moved effected VM to another host and datastore started to look fine. Thanks Again.

Cheers!
Rajeev
0 Kudos