VMware Cloud Community
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

DRS moves hosts out of standby mode

I noticed in a cluster all standby hosts would be moved out of standby mode automatically. Checking the logs indicates DRS moved them out of standby. The odd thing is DRS is turned off. My guess is vUM has something todo with it, as the one main running host is out of date? Or maybe some bug? This has been a reoccurring thing within the week, to my knowledge it started happening after i attached some baselines and such to hosts to remediate and update.

Gr4cchus_2-1615150350841.png

Gr4cchus_1-1615150204504.png

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update. I suspect that this is some sort of bug. After I enabled DRS again-after running out of options-the problem stopped. DRS was enabled with these settings I last left it off with.

Gr4cchus_0-1616536744662.png

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
bryanvaneeden
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I suppose not, but did this happen during a remediation of the cluster?

Visit my blog at https://vcloudvision.com!
0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Was vCenter Server rebooted by any chance?

0 Kudos
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Im not entirely sure, but when I decided to reboot the 1 main running host forsure then it was reboot. And that would also trigger the standby hosts to come out of standby mode.

0 Kudos
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

delete

0 Kudos
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Updated all the hosts in the cluster hoping it had something todo with that but no change. Hosts are still being brought out of standby despite drs being turned off according to the webclient.

0 Kudos
Gr4cchus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update. I suspect that this is some sort of bug. After I enabled DRS again-after running out of options-the problem stopped. DRS was enabled with these settings I last left it off with.

Gr4cchus_0-1616536744662.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
bryanvaneeden
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I've actually never heard of such a bug, but it would make sence since your DRS settings were configured to not use DPM. Great that it is resolved!

Visit my blog at https://vcloudvision.com!
0 Kudos