VMware Cloud Community
virtuallypsycho
Contributor
Contributor

DRS Score Custom Alarm

Has anyone found a custom alarm definition that can be used to create an email alert for cluster DRS Score below a certain threshold. We have to run our clusters w/ Partial Automation (vGPU) and would like to generate an alarm and email message when we need to run the DRS recommendations.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtuallypsycho
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the link. However, as I mentioned I am looking for a why to generate an alert (specifically an email notice) for when the Clusters DRS score gets below a certain threshold. Since the score, and DRS recommendations, can change frequently (depending on your DRS agressiveness), I was looking for a way to "nudge" admins into checking the recommendations. We have to set the automation level to Partial now due to implementing vGPU, so it is now something that needs to be more actively monitored. Also since the Host & Cluster view may not give a real indication of a resource imbalance, having the ability to trigger an email alert when the cluster DRS score drops below 60% seems like a nice thing to have. I may just have to submit a feature request if there isn't currently an alarm definition available (which I am not seeing one).

0 Kudos