VMware Cloud Community
MICDROP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DRS Does Not Work with Specific ESXi Host...

Hi all !

Even though I have set up DRS in the cluster, I'm in trouble that the VM can't be migrated.

DRS was turned on, such as a screenshot, and the migrate threshold was raised to 4 levels.

However, it does not migrate to host number 5. (Like a screenshot.)

Is there any advice on why DRS does not migrate to ESXi host 5 when vMotion also works?

Thanks  !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Have you try to migrate the VM to that host manually If not please try to figure out.  also check if there is any DRS rules define on cluster.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

DRS uses vMotion as a mechanism in order to migrate virtual machines, so check this requirements to see if something of that is different in that ESXi from the other ones:

• Shared storage.
  • ESXis on same VDS or same VSS portgroup name in configuration with same settings regarding to VLAN and uplink to be sure.
  • Same CPU Family.
  • Verify vmkping from one of the working ESXi vMotion VMkernel to verify connectivity: vmkping -I vmkx Detination_vmkernel_IP

Maybe you have a difference on one of those settings so DRS cannot choose that host.

0 Kudos
MICDROP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually, I did't test vmking to vMotion kernel, but vMotion Host 4 to Host 5 is successful..!

They are in Shared storage

0 Kudos
MICDROP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I already tried migrate the VM to ESXi host 5.. ; (

It was successfully to migrated

0 Kudos