VMware Cloud Community
virtuallygray
Contributor
Contributor

DIsk Change Tracking - Veritas Agent

I'm trying to configure Veritas agent for VMware and see in the pre-reqs the following :

* Note: Apart from Disk Change Tracking, the above permissions are by default all included in the "VMware Consolidated Backup user (sample)" role

What permissions are needed to properly use the Agent for VMware Virtual Infrastructure (AVVI) with ...

Where or how can I enable DIsk Change Tracking on the VMware Conslidated Backup user role ?  I can see it listed at all when I edit this role.

6.7.0 Update 1 (10764712)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

This is enabled by default. You can go on a machine settings>VM Options > Advanced>Edit Configuration and there look for ctkEnabled

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

First of all, my condolences to you for using anything by Veritas these days. Second, as Mike says, CBT is enabled by default and there's nothing you need to do. That said, you must ensure any VM is at virtual hardware level 7 or greater. The VMware Consolidated Backup user is just a role that has the needed permissions to back up VMs. This isn't mandatory you use this exact role, just something that has equivalent permissions.

virtuallygray
Contributor
Contributor

Brilliant, thanks for the feedback on this.  I was obviously stressing over nothing, but as always I'd sooner be safer than sorry !

Cheers all.

0 Kudos