VMware Cloud Community
DCV009
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Currently running Windows VC 5.5. Planning to install fresh windows VC 6.5 embedded and move the hosts over. Later remove Windows VC 5.5. Will it to add to the existing SSO site or create SSO Site.?

Currently running Windows VC 5.5. Planning to install fresh windows VC 6.5 embedded and move the hosts over. Later remove Windows VC 5.5. Dont want to upgrade it.

My Question is regarding the SSO part. Adding to the existing SSO site or create SSO Site.? Need suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Sites are irrelevant in this case because they're two separate vCenters. A single site is fine and just swing your hosts. Again, however, presenting as an option a fresh install on a platform which has hit the end of the road is not a good idea. You'll get many more benefits with vCSA 6.5 and later that simply aren't present with Windows, so you'd be doing your business a disservice if you still recommended it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Currently running Windows VC 5.5. Planning to install fresh windows VC 6.5 embedded and move the hosts over.

Please don't install a new vCenter on Windows at this point. The platform is dead and gone after 6.7, so there's exactly zero point in doing so now.

0 Kudos
DCV009
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes. I agree. But wanted it to be an option to present it.

If i install a new VC 6.5 and later decomission the 5.5. How can i handle the SSO portion? Can I create a new Site  or add to the existing 5.5 site.?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Sites are irrelevant in this case because they're two separate vCenters. A single site is fine and just swing your hosts. Again, however, presenting as an option a fresh install on a platform which has hit the end of the road is not a good idea. You'll get many more benefits with vCSA 6.5 and later that simply aren't present with Windows, so you'd be doing your business a disservice if you still recommended it.

0 Kudos
DCV009
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DCV009
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Daphnissov,

One Final Question. During my fresh install of VCSA 6.5 install.

Under "SSO Configuration"

What would be best recommendation ?

Should i Join Existing SSO domain  or Create SSO Domain

I already have existing  5.5 SSO Domain.

Thank you for the instant answer

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your only option is a new SSO domain. You cannot join an existing one.

0 Kudos
DCV009
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Sir.

0 Kudos