VMware Cloud Community
kunal19
Contributor
Contributor

Creating two networks on esxi-vsphere

Hi All,

I am stuck in a very situation which I think is very simple but troubling me a lot.

I have installed esxi on a server having a single physical port . Management IP subnet given to esxi is 192.168.1.x/24 . Now every machine installed on this server is given this subnet IP (192.168.1.x).

Now i want to give my particular windows machine VM  to get an IP of series 10.x.x.x .  Now i am not able to catch that how this can be done , i mean how can i create an second network segment on same esxi server. what is the setting for that.

Do i need to create a different port group of same vswitch or do I have to create a different vswitch ? do i need any configuration changes in switch ?

NOTE:- I have only one physical port connected to my switch and having ip 192.168.1.x.

Somebody please help.....

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MBreidenbach0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How are these two subnets 192.168.1.0 and 10.x.x.x connected (or separated) ? Is there some routing between them ? Or are they supposed to be completely separated ?

Usually you create a portgroup for each subnet and use VLANs to separate them if they are using the same physical uplink.

If you have enough physical NICs you can put these portgroups on different virtual switches and assign different physical uplinks to the virtual switches.

0 Kudos