VMware Cloud Community
SamRPR
Contributor
Contributor

Content Library - move backing datastore

I'm currently migrating from a traditional SAN storage setup to a new vSAN Environment, and we are using a content library on one of the SAN Presented volumes. Is there a way to move the content library to another datastore? There are 9 remote sites on low speed links synchronizing to the library, so deleting and recreating isn't ideal due to bandwidth requirements for a full resync to all remote sites. Seems strange there is no GUI option to change storage.

Thanks,

Sam

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi, Sam.

I was in your same spot a few weeks ago and all I could find was this: https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/5z23gb/move_content_library/

Unfortunately the only way is to subscribe to your existing content library and then publish the new one to your remote sites. If you want to save some bandwith and space you can always configure the remote sites to only download the images when needed but in my opinion it's not convenient because when you need to deploy a new image it will take forever. Maybe keep them syncing at night and problem solved

0 Kudos