VMware Cloud Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Content Library content scope

Hi,

I added a Library and uploaded templates and ISO images,

I went on another DC Host connected to same VCSA but could not see the ISO files when trying to attach to VM.

Do all hosts need to have connectivity to the VCSA datastore used by Library or is there any other traffic I need to allow so all Host can upload/download/attach templates/ISO locates on Library?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The reason is because your Library resides on Datastore which is not accessbile from VM.

You can make subscribed library on another Datastore which is accessible from VMs in this Cluster.

andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ok so does this mean that I would need to make a subscribed library for each Datacenter that I want the Content Library template to be available to?

Since each Datacenter has its own dedicated Shared Storage

A more detailed explanation below:

There are different Datacenter managed by vCenter

From one cluster I cloned a VM as Template to Content Library

When I try  to deploy a new VM from the Template to any of the hosts in the same Datacenter that the Template was uploaded from - it works.

When I however try to deploy a new VM from the Template to any other Host in a different Datacenter it fails - "Cannot connect to Host"

So my understanding is that the subscribed library (On same vCenter) will synch the Content Library Contents to the dedicated Shared Datastore in the new Datacenter?

Assume best practice is to have a dedicated (rather than one with VM's running to avoid running out of space) shared datastore in all Datacenter and set Content Library to synch between them

Thanks

0 Kudos