VMware Cloud Community
ThiegoL
Contributor
Contributor

Consolidate disk failed for disk node

I have a VM with the follow Consolidate issue: 

Consolidate disk failed for disk node 'scsi0:0':11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

The consolidate message issue Attached. When I tried to apply the Consolidate function a error occurred always in 2%.

Find below the troubleshooting steps applied:

All Snapshots were deleted and a test onde created successfully
Tried the Consolidate option but error occurred
Running cli in host services.sh restart
Tried Consolidate again but error persisted
Verified the Disk configuration in Virtual Hardware
Analyzed the Datastore and identified that there are around 17 vmdks to be consolidated

What do you think can be done to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Are you sure that the vmsd-file is valid ?

A vmware.log would help ...

Ulli

wbishop_78
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this may be similar, but we found a bug in the latest 7.0 ESXi patch that caused all vm's in NFS3 to run as a snapshot disk when out Rubrik backup ran (no actual snapshots existed btw).  We had to create a NFS4.1 datastore, migrate the vm's, then the consolidated issue went away.  We submitted a bug report for this as well.

ThiegoL
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, my fried. Yes, it is valid. Now I'm studding vmware.log, I think it is being caused by a lock file. I just tried to clone the vmdk to a different datastore t create a new VM but not successfully. 

0 Kudos
ThiegoL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi wbishop_78, thanks for your suggestion. Here it is 6.5 version but it is good to know about the situation that you mentioned. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos