VMware Cloud Community
Henkis
Contributor
Contributor

Console (HTML ESXi 6.7) on iOS (iPad) "Failed to connect"

Hi

I am trying to get the console working from my iPad Pro, I'm running against ESXi 6.7U1 with Safari, I get the console window but only with the text "Failed to connect". It works fine with Safar in MacOS but I need this when I'm mobile. Are there some way of getting this to work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Henkis
Contributor
Contributor

Bump

0 Kudos
Henkis
Contributor
Contributor

Boink

0 Kudos
marshylucas
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here with latest 6.7 u2 and ios 12/13, is there any fix or workaround?

0 Kudos
Henkis
Contributor
Contributor

Still not working with ESXi 6.7U3 and iPadOS 13.1.3 Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Henkis
Contributor
Contributor

Tried again, now with iPadOS 13.2b4 and ESXi 6.7U3, still not working Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
BartmanEH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks, I know this is an old thread now but it comes up as a search result for this issue of remote browser console "failed to connect" using iPad. Check out the following thread: Re: remote console for ipad ios 13.x

The key is to get a valid trusted cert running on ESXi and trusted on iPad OS and then I can report that I can use remote browser console on my VMs in my home lab ESXi.

0 Kudos
lrentz
Contributor
Contributor

I could sure use some help with this. I have created self signed cert, imported them into esxi, then imported on the ipad then trusted the cert with no luck.  I have done this multiple times and I can not get it to work.  Would someone mind sharing exactly how they did it and got it to work.

I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Henkis
Contributor
Contributor

Good things comes to those who wait. it works now, i just tested with safari on iPadOS 15 against ESXi 7.0.

It celebration time!

0 Kudos