VMware Cloud Community
ITRESCUEPK
Contributor
Contributor

Comparison required - VMWare vsphere standard Acceleration KIT vs VMWare and Essential Plus Kit

We have Dell PowerEdge R740 x 3 Servers. We Need to buy VMware License for VMware vSphere Standard Acceleration Kit as requested from the customer but from US its name is changed to VMware vSphere Essential Kit and in UK we have VMware vSphere Standard Acceleration Kit in your online store.

I need to know the difference in specific version & the prices offered. So we are able to provide the best quote for our customer.

Thankyou

Arif Saeed Bham

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ITRESCUEPK
Contributor
Contributor

We Need to buy this product listed below. Is this available in US to Buy online 

VMware vSphere 7 Standard Acceleration Kit - 6 processors, Basic 3 Year Subscription.
VS7-STD-6AK-C
VS7-STD-6AK-3G-SSS-C

I have found the following from VMware site.

VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit 3 Years Basic Support
Price: £6,502.32 - UK

VMware vSphere Essentials Plus Kit 3 Years Basic Support
Price: $7,188.44 - US

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.

VMWare vsphere standard Acceleration KIT

Each kit consists of six processor licenses for vSphere and a license for one instance of vCenter Server Standard.

vSphere Acceleration Kits decompose into their individual kit components after purchase. This allows customers to upgrade and renew SnS for each individual component on its own schedule.

VMWare and Essential Plus Kit

Each kit consists of six processor licenses for vSphere and a license for one instance of vCenterServer for Essentials. Scalability limits for the kits are product-enforced and cannot be extende do ther than by upgrading the whole kit to an Acceleration Kit

The vCenter Server Essentials is limited and can only manage up to 3 servers with 2 PCUs each.

In general all licenses are sold with a support contract and software subscription.

More information and details in the following link:

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmware-vsphere-pr...

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
MuhammadBilal1
Contributor
Contributor

How many server hosts are supported by the acceleration kit? 

I think 3 but somebody told me that more can be supported if we buy more licenses is it true?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please see my reply in to your same question in the other discussion.

André

0 Kudos