VMware Cloud Community
PantheraLeoLeo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cloned VM to template - remove from inventory and delete from disk greyed out

I am a little rusty having not been in the game for 5 years. Last week I was tasked with creating new virtual servers (MS Server 2016) in our vSphere Client version 7.0.3.00300 dev environment. I found a suitable VM then cloned to template and started creating VMs from that template. Unfortunately, the VM cloned to template was in AD and the new machines ripped its QUID and AD information. I sorted the issue and now want to delete the cloned template, but the options are greyed out.

Obviously, I am a little hesitant to touch anything further... must I unmount the datastore first? I know the remove from inventory and delete from disk options are greyed out for a reason, but I have read multiple trouble shooting guides and nothing has worked thus far so I am thinking unmounting the datastore might be the answer. Can someone point me in the correct direction here? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PantheraLeoLeo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Interestingly with updated permissions the option to delete is only available when selecting ALL. They remain greyed out when selecting individual machines. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PantheraLeoLeo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Interestingly with updated permissions the option to delete is only available when selecting ALL. They remain greyed out when selecting individual machines. 

0 Kudos