VMware Cloud Community
TheNorthernMonk
Contributor
Contributor

Cisco CSR1000v ova - A required disk image is missing

Hello all

I'm trying to run a Cisco CSR1000V ova on a vmware esxi 6.5 server.

The OVA launches successfully from my VMWorkstation with no issues.

I have downloaded 6.5 update2, and installed it on a server, however, on connecting to this server from chrome, and then create new VM -> Deploy from OVA. I then give the VM a name, and drag the ova into the window. There then doesn't seem like sufficient time for the file to copy for the server, and after selecting all of the default options the message 'a required disk image is missing'

If I then click finish, the machine will not boot with the error 'operating system not found'

Help please

Geoff

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I believe these Cisco appliances require vCenter to support the deployment of those OVAs because of properties. ESXi standalone does not allow those properties to be set making deployments fail.

0 Kudos
tjwyz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have encountered the same problem. Have you solved it? Could you share the method about how to fix it?

0 Kudos
btjtaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Install OVFTool (https://code.vmware.com/web/tool/4.4.0/ovf) to your machine and run the following command (edit to fit your environment)

ovftool.exe --acceptAllEulas -ds="datastore1" --net:"GigabitEthernet1"="VM Network" --net:"GigabitEthernet2"="VM Network" --net:"GigabitEthernet3"="VM Network" --name="ROUTER1" "C:\path\to\csr\csr1000v-universalk9.17.03.02.ova" vi://ESXI.IP/