VMware vSphere

View Only

Chrome and 'VMWare Client Integration Plug-In' (and Flash)

• 1.  Chrome and 'VMWare Client Integration Plug-In' (and Flash)

Posted Apr 29, 2018 10:34 AM

Hi,

I used to use a Windows VM and the thick client to administer my VMs but after a system crash, that was no longer an option.  I was also able to use the web client when necessary.   So when I wanted to do some updating, I decided to snapshot my VMs.

Unfortunately, I am unable to login to the web client using Safari, Firefox or Opera.   The message I get is:

'To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 11.5.0 or greater is installed.'

This is garbage, because even when I go through the install process for Flash, I still get the same message.

The only browser that will work now is Chrome.   But I want to upload an ISO to my storage, and when I click on the icon to add a file, it asks me to download and install the VMWare Client Integration Plug-In.  Which I do.

Three times.

To no avail.  Each time, it asks me again to install the plug--in.  I cannot upload an ISO and so I cannot create a new VM.

This is very frustrating, as I'm sure you can imagine.  Can someone tell me how to get around this (an scp was something I considered, but I don't know where to scp the ISO to)?

Thanks.

Some version numbers for you ...

VSphere Web Client Version 5.5.0 Build 2414847

MacOS High Sierra (10.13.4 (17E199))

Safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2)

Firefox 59.0.2 (64 bits)

Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (64 bits)

Opera 52.0.2871.64