VMware Cloud Community
451422sbl
Contributor
Contributor

Chrome 79 and VMware-CIP-Launcher.exe

I installed the VMware vServer Appliance and am starting to use the vSphere Client. This is managing VMware 6.7 U2. I had to initially install the vmware-cip-launcher.exe. Each time I go to the VMware vSphere sign-on page I get the notorious "Open VMware-cip-launcher.exe" pop-up. I have fixed this issue in FireFox and Internet Explorer. However, Chrome is not allowing it to work transparently. I have to give it permission each time I start the HTML5 page to run. I have searched all over the internet and within the VMware discussion groups. There are miscellaneous threads that address earlier versions of Chrome.

Is anybody familiar with this issue? I cannot believe that VMware has not found a solution to this. It appears to have been going on for more than five years. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vtparker
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here.  This is a cat and mouse dance that appears to me will be happening year over year between chrome and vmware.....

Remember when you could just open a client on your desktop and get right down to doing your job, which didn't include troubleshooting which browser works this week due to whatever update....

0 Kudos