VMware Cloud Community
JohnLeeBooger01
Contributor
Contributor

Check and open port on ESXI V6.7

Author : Joseph Sciallo

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.security.doc/GUID-171B99EA-15B3-4C...

Topic Name : Incoming and Outgoing Firewall Ports for ESXi Hosts

Publication Name : vSphere Security

Product/Version : VMware vSphere/6.5

Question :

Hello Everyone.  A bit new to ESXI, i need to train  and i did a LAB.  Just to explain, i'm trying to use an appliance for a shutdown when you got ACFAIL (with UPS)  So i follow the instalation of the appliance.  I can ping the VM , and on this VM i can ping my laptop.  I'm in a closed network, and i'm only using a non manageable switch, without anny ACL or things.  I'm not connected to the Internet, everything is in local, no proxy, no firewall.  So after the appliance is installed, i just have to modifie the IP adresse of the appliance, and then connect to the web interface. I did the static IP,  as i said i can ping the IP ( with my ESXI promp too btw)  But can"t acces the webIF   The support of the appliance ask me top open some port  Here what they ask  Port 8080 This port is used to call the local RCCMD web interface Port 8443 This port is used to access the RCCMD web interface on another computer / server Port 6003 The RCCMD client communicates via this port  And this is were i'm a bit lost, i have to admit i'm not really good with port. So if someone can help me? I need to do that on the laptop? the ESXI or the appliance? I guess ESXI?  How i can do that?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

It's a linux or win appliance?

0 Kudos