VMware Cloud Community
ron_barak
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot install VMware Remote Console on CentOS 7

This is my first time on https://communities.vmware.com/, so if this is not the correct place for my question, could you direct me to the correct place?

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

I press Launch Remote Console on a CentOS 7 workstation from //us-vcloud (https://us-vcloud-wp2.imperva.local/ui/, a vSphere Client).

This window opens
ron_barak_0-1611087985853.png

And then this warning

ron_barak_1-1611087985836.png

I press "Connect Anyway", and I get this error

ron_barak_2-1611087985780.png

Can you suggest the steps I need to do differently to succeed in installing Remote Console? 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ron_barak 
Moderator: Note the following:

1. This thread is moved to vSphere Discussions

2. Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic, your duplicate has been archived

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ron_barak
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Scott.

0 Kudos
ron_barak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I'm failing to locate my "Cannot install VMware Remote Console on CentOS 7" question in the location you indicated, vSphere Discussions.

How do I get to "vSphere Discussions"?
Or alternately, what is the URL of "Cannot install VMware Remote Console on CentOS 7" in its new location?

Bye,
Ron.

0 Kudos
ron_barak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

After employing Google Search, I managed to locate my question in its new location (VMware Technology Network/ SDDC/ VMware vSphere/ VMware vSphere™ Discussions/ Cannot install VMware Remote Console on CentOS 7). 
Alas, before - while I was trying to locate it from within https://communities.vmware.com/, I pressed the "correct answer" button, as I thought it meant "edit the answer to a correct one" and not what it apparently means "accept as a correct answer".

Is there a way to un-press the correct answer button, as my question is unanswered?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ron_barak 

Moderator: This IS your active thread, it’s in the vSphere Discussions area because that’s where I moved it to. Look above your original text and you’ll see the path to the thread in the VMTN hierarchy.

The second thread you posted was identical to this one, but also posted into the wrong area - I archived it, you can’t see it any more but then again you don’t need to as you have this one.

You didn’t need a Google search, you’re looking at your original thread right now.

I have unmarked my previous comment as a solution.

Hopefully that all makes sense to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog