VMware Cloud Community
Chipperchoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot get host to recognize new SAN

Hello all,

I currently trying to add a new HP MSA 2050 SAN to an existing cluster of hosts. 

The SAN has been configured with the iqn of the hosts and everything is mapped and initiated on the SAN side.

However, I am not able to get the VMWare hosts to recognize the new SAN. 

Using an iSCSI switch that is currently connected to another old SAN that we are trying to replace. 

Can't even seem to ping the Host ports on the new SAN. 

I added the port IPs under the iSCSI adapter in VMWare on one of the hosts but I can't even seem to ping the IP of the host ports.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Deso1ator
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You are using vmkping and specifying the right adapter, right? Assuming you are, you have to get the network connectivity working between your ESXi hosts and SAN. Are you sure everything is configured correctly on the networking side for both sides and the switch?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@Chipperchoi 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Deso1ator
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You are using vmkping and specifying the right adapter, right? Assuming you are, you have to get the network connectivity working between your ESXi hosts and SAN. Are you sure everything is configured correctly on the networking side for both sides and the switch?

0 Kudos
Chipperchoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

I forgot I asked a question here...

I got it figured out. I was using the wrong subnet for the VMNICs