VMware Cloud Community
jlong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot download software

I downloaded software a couple days ago or maybe a week ago. But today I'm getting this error.

Your download request has been received and is under review for download eligibility.

Confirm that you provided a valid first name, last name, address, and country when you registered. If you did not, update your My VMware profile and try to download again.

Contact us if you have any questions. Quote Message ID 621 and provide the email address you used when registering.

Thank you,

VMware Customer Service

I have verified my profile. I reactivated my account. This has happened before and is so very frustrating! I just can't put it into words how frustrated I am with this. It makes no sense to me.

I'm trying to download vSphere 6.5 which I'm licensed for and I have current support! I can see my keys but can't download the software.

I've opened a case about this and now have to wait. Ugh... not cool.

My question is why does this keep happening? I don't download from vmware very often and this happened a year or 2 ago also. Had to go through the same thing. When I asked why this happens, no one knows why. They just have to "Fix it on the back end". So lame.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
adgate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check the KB - VMware Knowledge Base and update your profile information. If the issue still persists, either wait for three days or raise a support request with VMware as mentioned in the above article.

0 Kudos
BinkyDad
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me too, when trying to upgrade my VMWare Fusion software. It happened 2 years ago and I thought whatever the issue was had been resolved...apparently not.  Also extremely EXTREMELY frustrating!!!...uggh.  ... and No one knows why...Of course, it is a Sunday, so no-one can help, but their system had no problems immediately deactivating my current license and version....so I am locked out 100%... It seems they should verify before accepting my credit card and issuing license.  I hate this!!!

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello

Try a private/incognito browser window with no ad-blocker.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos