VMware Cloud Community
HF3432
Contributor
Contributor

Can't register or download vsphere 7

Hi

I am trying to download the vsphere 7 iso but I couldn't. I have tried it on IE, Edgx, and firefox.

I log into my account, and go to the vsphere 7 download page, but nothing shows and says I am not registered. evalcenter

vmware_register.JPG

so I try to register, but every time I fill it out I get this error.

registration_error.JPG

At first I thought it was just a temporary thing since I was doing it on a Sunday night and they might have maintenance, but I just tried it again still the issue persists.

7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you please try this without first logging in, i.e. logging in after you open the evaluation page?

André

0 Kudos
HF3432
Contributor
Contributor

It just says this.

Please login or create an account to access VMware vSphere downloads

Then I click on it to log in and its back to the same thing.

0 Kudos
zelcharis
Contributor
Contributor

I see the "Manually Download" button but when I click on it, nothing happens.  Both on Chrome & Firefox, I've tried from two different locations (physical, different networks)

vmWareCantDownload.png

0 Kudos
bbalido9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Please try with link below:

File type: iso

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=ESXI700&productId=974&rPId=47816

File type: zip

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=ESXI700&productId=974&rPId=47816

Please make sure pop-up window is not blocked.

If link still fails, let me know will provide FTP link.

Thanks,

Balido

0 Kudos
zelcharis
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the following message

You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.

Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator.

If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later.

I thought there was a free version?  Non-evaluation free version to be exact.  Am I mistaken?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is the download area for vSphere Hypervisor (“free” ESXi):

Download VMware vSphere Hypervisor for Free

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
zelcharis
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that's the page I originally went to but the Manually Download button wasn't doing anything.  I disabled my adblock but I suppose it didn't take, seemed to work this time -- sorry for the troubles and thanks again.