VMware Cloud Community
infraerik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't add ESXi hosts to vCenter 7

OK, I'm playing with the latest builds in my lab so I'm working on tuning the rebuild scripts which involve resetting the ESXi hosts to factory settings, deploying a new vCenter and then adding the ESXi hosts to create the lab cluster.

This process has been working just fine until just now where a freshly rebuilt VCSA simply won't integrate the ESXi hosts any more. In the powershell script, I get no errors at all, so I tried through the vCenter UI and I get the following types of messages :

There was an error encountered for host vhost1.infrageeks.lab. Reason: A general system error occurred: Error: N7Vmacore4Soap24InvalidResponseExceptionE( Unexpected exception reading HTTP response body: N7Vmacore15SystemExceptionE(Connection reset by peer: The connection is terminated by the remote end with a reset packet. Usually, this is a sign of a network problem, timeout, or service overload.) [context]zKq7AVECAAAAANdq8wAadnB4ZAAAQMkubGlidm1hY29yZS5zbwAACdYZAGv0GAD3XRYAyrIiALYkJQA2gRsANj8bAZl8E2xpYnZtb21pLnNvAAEpJRUBiS0VATWrDQIi5/ZsaWJ2aW0tdHlwZXMuc28AA/eudnZweGQAA8KvdgN3vn8DssZ/A/YSdANHGnQDyVtQA3lcUABCySIAthkjAFSrKgQHfABsaWJwdGhyZWFkLnNvLjAABR8pD2xpYmMuc28uNgA=[/context] while parsing property "key" of static type string while parsing serialized DataObject of type vmodl.KeyAnyValue at line 7, column 15849 while parsing property "properties" of static type ArrayOfKeyAnyValue while parsing serialized DataObject of type vim.LicenseManager.LicenseInfo at line 7, column 13251 while parsing property "license" of static type LicenseManagerLicenseInfo while parsing serialized DataObject of type vim.host.ConnectInfo.LicenseInfo at line 7, column 13242 while parsing property "license" of static type HostLicenseConnectInfo while parsing serialized DataObject of type vim.host.ConnectInfo at line 7, column 59 while parsing return value of type vim.host.ConnectInfo, version [N5Vmomi15InternalVersionE:0x00005577bacba500] at line 7, column 0 while parsing SOAP body at line 6, column 0 while parsing SOAP envelope at line 2, column 0 while parsing HTTP response for method queryConnectionInfo on object of type vim.HostSystem at line 1, column 0) [context]zKq7AVECAAAAANdq8wAVdnB4ZAAAQMkubGlidm1hY29yZS5zbwAACdYZAGv0GACAXxYBeCUVbGlidm1vbWkuc28AAYktFQE1qw0CIuf2bGlidmltLXR5cGVzLnNvAAP3rnZ2cHhkAAPCr3YDd75/A7LGfwP2EnQDRxp0A8lbUAN5XFAAQskiALYZIwBUqyoEB3wAbGlicHRocmVhZC5zby4wAAUfKQ9saWJjLnNvLjYA[/context].

Since this is a tear-it-down-and-rebuild-it process, I'm still working in evaluation mode at this stage.

From a troubleshooting perspective:

• All the servers are on the same subnet
  • Everyone can ping everyone
  • From the console of the VCSA, I get back the login page when I try a curl -k https://vhost1.infrageeks.lab/ui/ so there is L3 connectivity
  • The ESXi hosts are working properly and I can login into their Web UI directly with no issues.
  • I added an extra machine to the process with a fresh ESXi install and it is responding the same way.
  • ESXi 7.0.0 (Build 15843807)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
infraerik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

And it turns out to be an MTU problem on the switch. Nevermind...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
infraerik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

And it turns out to be an MTU problem on the switch. Nevermind...

0 Kudos