VMware Cloud Community
EDVGW
Contributor
Contributor

Can orphaned VeeamBackupSnapshots be deleted?

Hello!

Some Veeam backup job cycles have caused temporary Veeamsnapshots, but they have not been deleted again. This caused the jobs to run with an error. In the meantime, the Veeam backup jobs are running without errors again, and the temporary snapshots created by this are also deleted again. However, the temporary snapshots of Veeam from the failed job have been retained. There is also a message in the VM that the disks need to be consolidated. My question now is what should/can I do.
Can I delete these snapshots without causing data loss from the VM or do I need to click consolidate first and then "all delete"?

best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

if not done yet I suggest you read this veeam kb:

KB1790: Veeam Backup Temporary Snapshot

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is an area of the forums for vSphere backup matters, I did report your thread so hopefully moderators will move it there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos