VMware Cloud Community
Bit101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can I extend my vCenter 6.5 eval license (60 days)?

I'm finally finished to build my Lab, but I cant start testing because my vCenter License is ended in about a few days..
All that work I´ve done for weeks is thrown away Smiley Sad

I´m using vCenter 6.5 with 2 ESXi hosts.

I really appreciate your answer.Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not if you don't have a valid license key. There's no way to "refresh" the evaluation period without reinstalling.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not if you don't have a valid license key. There's no way to "refresh" the evaluation period without reinstalling.

Bit101
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

But, after all, we are selling the vendor solutions to the management.

Management always comes to us first and check if the supplier's technology works as the vendor (seller) says.

So what should my answer be in front of the architect board in about 2 week?

-"I dont know, choose HyperV or XenServer because that´s the only vendors who is generous enough and allowing us to test all the way?"

I believe many advisory technicians understand what I´m trying to explain here.

0 Kudos
MBreidenbach0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The VMware partner website contains a document with 90 day evaluation license keys. Contact your VMware partner; they might be able to help you.

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you are working with a partner vendor, then they have access to quarterly keys used for PoC purposes and other functionalities. They should be able to extend your trial by giving you a time-limited key. If you aren't working with them, then, as I said, there's no way to extend a trial without a key of some kind--either timed or perpetual.

0 Kudos
serveradminist2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Simply you don't have valid key for vcenter then no any way to extend period.

0 Kudos